wed21apr8:00 am9:00 amVirtual EventData Science for Humanity: How Data Science can Mitigate Risks of Future Vulnerabilitiesby Australian Red Cross8:00 am - 9:00 am(GMT+02:00) View in my timeType:RoundtableLanguage:English
(Wednesday) 8:00 am - 9:00 am(GMT+02:00) View in my time
Speaker: Dr Mahendra Samarawickrama (Manager of Data Science and Analytics at Australian Red Cross) Are you ready to bring AI and Machine-Learning as a core competency of mobilizing
Speaker: Dr Mahendra Samarawickrama (Manager of Data Science and Analytics at Australian Red Cross)
Are you ready to bring AI and Machine-Learning as a core competency of mobilizing the power of humanity? We are in the age of data-driven innovation and transformation.
Australian Red Cross’s Data Science and Analytics (ARC DS&A) team will present:
· How to develop a cohesive strategy and road-map for organization-wide AI-powered transformation,
· How to build a cost-effective technology stack for Machine Learning and AI to data-informed decision making and innovation,
· Uncover strategies to maximise the economic potential and customer experience (CX) by data science,
· Mobilizing the power of volunteering to prepare for the next evolution of AI,
· How to support the Red Cross’s social welfare and sustainability programs (e.g., climate change, IHL, health and wellbeing, etc.) by data science, machine learning and AI.
Further ARC DS&A will discuss their following ongoing projects for:
1. Designing and development of the state-of-the-art data science platform for machine learning and AI. This machine learning and AI-enabled data lake is a key enabler of the data-informed decision making and innovations,
2. Building the world’s first volunteer data-science team for mobilizing the power of volunteering to prepare for the next evolution of AI,
3. Mitigating the risk of Climate Change to First Nations Peoples: This innovative project will find solutions to health, wellbeing and sustainability issues of first nations peoples related to climate change. In this perspective, they investigate:
· How soundscape ecology can be used to measure the climate change impact on traditional life of the first nations people
· How to empower and mobilize the first nations peoples as social scientists for mitigating their risks due to climate change.
4. Adopting modern science and technologies (e.g., AI and AR) to enhance IHL implementations to save lives in conflicts. Augmented reality (AR) together with artificial intelligence (AI) brings powerful new ways to enhance situational awareness by communicating real-time and predicted information about the surrounding environment to the user. They are harnessing this capability to protect the Red Cross emblem while saving lives in conflicts. Which will elaborate on how the strategies are put into practice.
For: Anyone who would like to look into Data Science for innovation.
Virtual Event Details