thu22apr4:00 pm5:00 pmInformation saves lives - Scaling up IM across the IFRC networkby IFRC, Italian Red Cross, American Red Cross, Spanish Red Cross, Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Netherlands Red Cross4:00 pm - 5:00 pm(GMT+02:00) View in my timeType:RoundtableLanguage:English
(Thursday) 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm(GMT+02:00) View in my time
Do you want to know how the IFRC network data community responds when there’s a major emergency? Do you want to join the IFRC Surge IM community of
Do you want to know how the IFRC network data community responds when there’s a major emergency? Do you want to join the IFRC Surge IM community of practice? Do you want to know more about how different National Societies have approached scaling up IM for emergency response?
– Luke Caley (IFRC IM Lead) will share some key takeaways from the IFRC IM Review 2020 and Strategic Direction 2021-24
– Andrew Braye (British RC) will talk about the birth and growth of the SIMS network and how this has informed the growth of the BRC Maps Team
– Ashley Schmeltzer (American RC) will explain the AmCross approach and strategic investments in building IM capacity across the IFRC
– Henk Hoff & Stefania Giodini (NLRC) will talk about how the 510 data team have scaled a project-based approach to solving data problems
– Fadi Ibrahim (Syrian Arab RC) will share lessons from the SARC IM team’s strategic approach to scaling up capacity
– Raquel Bernedo will explain how the Spanish Red Cross has focussed on certain IM specialty issues, such as mobile data collection,
– Lorenzo Massucchielli (Italian RC) will share the story of how the Italian Red Cross’ recent expansion in IM capacity met the immediate needs from COVID-19 and what will come next
This is a session aimed at building awareness of IM in different National Societies and across the IFRC network. It is an open and informal discussion where you will get to understand a little of how the IFRC coordinate and share IM and data tasks to support global emergency operations, as well as hear different approaches to scaling up IM capacity.